The 11th Annual Venice is Sinking Masquerade Ball is here again! We're bringing it back to the spacious Seattle Design Center again. There is so much space to show off your costumes or beautiful gowns and suits at the SDC, dance and to see and be seen! Go back in time to the palazzos of Venice under mystery of your mask, and attend a REAL Masquerade Ball.
ENTERTAINMENT: From 8pm until 11:30, every 15 minutes or so a new act comes on stage to tantalize and delight you:
*Duo Reves - the stunning Quynbi & Eric are back performing aerial, silks, stilt walking, hand balancing, acrobatics and pouring champagne from their perch above the Ball.
*Contortionist, Magician and Jugglers
*Boylesque performer, Luminous Pariah
*José iñiguez - Opera with an interesting twist
*electric violinist, Geoffrey Castle, accompanied by Irish Step Dancers
*Michael "Wanz" Wansley will be singing
*Cellist, Gretchen Yanover
*African Drum & Dance troupe, Gansango
*Samba dance troupe, Tudo Beleza
*Suspended Shibari, (ancient Japanese artistic form of rope bondage) by Seattle Shibari
*Holly Bordeaux, pole performances
MARIE ANTOINETTE'S DESSERT ROOM:
A full room filled with mini desserts, eclairs, cookies, macaroons and cakes - provided by Gelatiamo and Lady Yum. Gelato will also be served in this room. The room will be exquisitely decorated by Rock & Fancy - gauzy drapes, sparkly beads, chandliers.
1. GENERAL ADMISSION: Includes entry to the Ball, all-night entertainment, access to Marie Antoinette Dessert Room, Gelato, free coat check, free parking (spaces limited in SDC lot, first-come-first-get). ENTRANCE TIME: 8:00pm @$110
2. VIP: Includes everything in Gen Adm ticket PLUS: Entrace to VIP-ONLY LOUNGE (upstairs in the balcony, VIP-only bar and restrooms nearby); Pasta Bar (2 pastas w/sauces - 1 gluten free w/pesto & oil, 1 bolognese w/red sauce and green salad; charcuterie spread (array of cheeses & crackers, cured meats, olives, etc.); one bottle of wine (Michael Florentino Cellars red or white - you can drink this in the VIP room ONLY); Italian Spritz Punch (served all night in punch bowls - Galiano, Aperol, Prosecco, oranges); Lady Yum French macarons; beautifully decorated lounge areas with vintage furniture; ADDITIONAL performances by the various singers, dancers, circus troupe performers on the main stage INSIDE the VIP lounge; chance to win great raffle prizes (jewelry, wine & spirits, Cuban stogies, gift certificates to Italian restaurants, etc.); professional photo by Olga Plastino taken at the step & repeat near the entrance - photo will be printed out at the Ball for you to take home; opportunity to get parking spaces closest to the venue (first-come-first-get) -- LIMITED TO 125!! VIP will be arriving the same time as the Costume Contestants, so you can sit and enjoy the parade as the most decked out guests walk the red carpet in all their regalia, until Gen Adm comes at 8pm. ENTRANCE TIME: 7:00pm @$225
********UPGRADE TO VIP TICKET: you buy this ticket ONLY if you have already purchased a General Admission ticket and you want to UPGRADE to VIP! (Do not try to get into VIP by purchasing just an "upgrade" ticket :)
3. RESERVED SEATING & TABLE ON MAIN FLOOR: If you buy this ticket IN ADDITION to either your Gen Adm or VIP ticket, there will be a RESERVED TABLE AND SEAT for you (with linen & candlelight) on the main floor of the venue, this is where the stage & dancing is. You'll have a great view of all the acts. Tables are 2-4 tops (we can accommodate larger parties, just let us know), so you may have to share a table with other people. INCLUDES WAITRESS SERVICE for bar. @$35 per seat
The costume contest is limited to 75 people; entry cost is $10 per person ($20/couple). Each guest will be introduced by our Caller, and greeted with a glass of champagne as you walk the red carpet to our distinguished panel of judges. Cash prizes will be awarded to the: Best Female, Best Male, Best Couple Costume. Costume Contest entrants MUST arrive between 7:00 -7:45pm to walk the red carpet. COSTUME CONTESTANTS will receive a free, professional photo, taken by our photographer. All costume contestants will participate in a Promenade Parade through the center of the atrium ballroom to show off your ensemble, pose for pictures and basically just show off!
DRESS CODE/ATTIRE: You do not have to wear a period piece historical costume in order to attend. However, many people do. Please do not get intimidated by this, some people tell us they don't attend the Ball because they don't want to wear a costume or feel intimdated as to what to wear. Other suggestions:
LADIES: long gown or fancy cocktail dress (most gowns are long) MEN: tuxedo or suit. You will not be provided entry if you have just a dress shirt and pants on. NO sneakers, baseball caps, jeans/khakis. This is a dressy, formal, eclectic attire affair. We reserve the right to deny entrance if you are not dressed appropriately!
EVERYONE MUST WEAR A MASK IN ORDER TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE BALL - YOU ARE EXPECTED TO KEEP YOUR MASK ON ALL NIGHT, to add to the allure and glamour of the Ball. You can also have a mask expertly hand painted on your face. These must be detailed and ornate (not child-like face painting). If you do not have a mask on, you will be able to buy a mask from A Masquerade Costume company at the Ball. Absolutely NO exceptions to this rule!!
COSTUME RENTALS & MASK PURCHASES: A Masquerade Costume in Redmond has the best selection!
16759 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052 | (425) 373-5990 --- GIVING YOU A 20% DISCOUNT IF YOU BUY OR RENT BEFORE DEC. 31st. You must show your Venice is Sinking discount to get the discount.
MISCELLANEOUS: This is a 21+ event. NO REFUNDS will be given. Once you've purchased your ticket, it's yours. Parking is free and plentiful at the SDC lot or on-street; but if you are drinking we encourage you to Lyft or taxi. Also, the neighborhood can be a bit sketchy at night, if you do park on the street, do not leave valuables in your car.
CONTACT THE ORGANIZER: Tracy Klinkroth, email@example.com
Don't miss our Celebrity Casino and Poker Night. Are you ALL-IN? Compete against celebrities during the poker tournament or enjoy casino games, raffles, tasty bites and live entertainment at this themed event that will keep you busy all night! This event will support two of our favorite local charities - Mary's Place & The Burned Children Recovery Foundation!
This a VIP only event! If you hold a ticket, you are VIP and will be treated as such. We expect to sell out this event, so get your tickets early!
We are updating our celebrity list every couple of days - announced celebrites include:
Mkristo Bruce, Joe Tafoya, Mario Bailey, Alonzo Mitz, Nesby Glasgow, Slick Watts, Bender Cunningham, Tony Benjamin, Bucky Jacobsen, Michael Wansley, Robin Earl, Michael Jackson, Alex Bannister, Lofa Tatupu, Rene-Krystle Hamlet, Norm Johnson, Hillary Butler, Edwin Bailey and scheduled to appear - Ryan Stiles.
Ethan Tuckerr performing live!!! Born in Olympia, Washington, Ethan has traveled the country with Jimmy Cliff, Buddy Guy, and The Wailers as well as national support slots with musical peers Slightly Stoopid, G-Love, and Michael Franti.
Performing at 9 PM you can "Revisit the Legend of Steppenwolf" with The Born To Be Wild Tour 2018 featuring former members of Steppenwolf, Iron Butterfly and Pegasus!! Hear hits like Born To Be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride, Pusher, Rock Me and several more classic hits.
We have two ticket options:
The Celebrity VIP ticket holds your SEAT and CHIPS at one of our VIP Celebrity Poker Tables (at least one celebrity per table), Open Bar, tasty bites, Priority Check-in, Premium Swag Bag, Commemorative Event items, themed entertainment, and access to all event areas including The Cigar Lounge and Bourbon and Whiskey Bar. ($300 pp)
The Lady Luck VIP ticket includes access to the event, two drink tickets, the bourbon bar, themed entertainment while mingling with celebrities, a raffle, the silent auction, a gift bag which includes commemorative event items, tasty bites, and a variety of casino games. ($100 pp)
In Seattle, it's tough to find opportunities to get all dolled up with your girls and go out for a night on the town! Whether you're celebrating love or completing an annual I Hate Valentine's Day party, we've partnered with the the leading beauty and fashion organizations for our event on February 17!
• Makeup: Black Tie Makeup Studios (available on site) - Book makeovers at http://www.blacktiebp.com/events
• Skincare: Arbonne - The latest in vegan anti-aging skincare http://bit.ly/2Gh6xRq
• Fashion: Cabi - 2017 Sample Collection
Our event includes drinks and hors d'oeuvres to make sure we get the party started right! The happy hour location following The Riveter will be revealed at the event.
This month, join us to celebrate and empower women in the tech industry, discuss ways we can ensure women will be fully represented, and advance the conversation forward.
Our theme for this month is Women In Tech. It’s no secret, companies with more women and more gender diversity perform better than those with less. We’re excited to invite you to learn about the difficulties, successes, and benefits of women in the tech industry, and what we can all do to ensure women aren’t just fully represented, but thrive.
+ the crowd:
The Northwest’s smart, fun, creative, innovative tech community – software and application developers, company owners, startup founders, recruiters, hackers, job seekers, executives, investors, community leaders, and people who are new to the area.
+ the speakers:
Unloop presented by Lindsey Wilson - Unloop enables people who have been in prison to succeed in careers in tech
Inclusive Economic Development presented by Linda Seltzer - Linda Seltzer completed the M.S., electrical engineering, from Caltech and the M.F.A. in music at Princeton. She is a former Senior Member of Technical Staff at AT&T Labs, Florham Park, NJ and has consulted at Microsoft, Honeywell, Orbital Sciences and smaller companies.
Kal Academy presented by Kal Viswanathan - A non-profit organization run by a female tech veteran. Our mission is to make it easier for women to build a career in the tech industry and increase diversity which is critical for innovation.
Lesbians Who Tech presented by Zina Fatemi
Female Founders Alliance presented by Mitika Gupta - We are a community of women founding and supporting startups that help each other succeed. We envision a world where women have a truly equitable chance at leadership in technology and startups.
Continue connecting to fantastic people in our community at Good Bar after the show ends around 7:30pm.